Former Committee on Radioactive Waste Management (CoRWM) member, Pete Wilkinson, argues in this Guardian artcle that a year after CoRWM’s report, the government is still ignoring the advice from its own committee. It has eagerly accepted what it sees as the solution of deep geological disposal, but it has done little to address the vital prerequisites CoRWM called for: an intensified research programme to address uncertainties about storage and disposal, and a security-led review of storage.
Latest News & Events
Latest Member Documents
- “Nuclear’s insecurity of supply” and “The truth about evacuation zones as a lesson from Fukushima.”
- Energy security unpacked: Insecurity of Supply and Insecurity of Nuclear Facilities
- Nuclear Insecurities Research Note
- A Wasted Future: how the UK’s nuclear waste programme melted down
- Nuclear security, nuclear weapons and nuclear new build – key issues for consideration by the NFLA