The Inventory is part of an ongoing programme of research jointly conducted by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA).
The Inventory provides information on the status of radioactive waste stocks (at 1 April 2016) and estimates of future radioactive waste arisings in the UK.
Information collected for the 2016 Inventory is presented in a series of reports:
- Context and methodology report
- UK radioactive waste inventory report
- Radioactive wastes and materials not reported in the 2016 UK Inventory
- Summary of data for international reporting
- A summary of the 2016 Inventory